Thursday 25 July 2019

Book review: Lies We Tell Mothers: A True Story by Suzy K Quinn


⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5
What a great book!  When I saw the title I thought it was going to be about the way a mum badly treats her children, but I was wrong.  So wrong.

I've been reading it all afternoon and evening.  It's one of those rare books that the only time I stopped reading it was to go to the bathroom and have barely taken any notice of my husband while my nose has been stuck in it.

I didn't think I would enjoy it because I've got nothing in common with the author (I'm 41 and don't have any children instead of being a twenty-something mother of two) but I loved the book so much and can't recommend it highly enough!

It's a short book (read it cover to cover in 7 hours) but soo worth your money and a fantastic way to relax and let the afternoon slip away from you.  A definite must-read book IMNSHO!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment