Monday 1 July 2019

Monday 1st July 2019

Mornin all.

Pinch an' a punch for the first of the month and all that jazz.

The puppy has been walked and fed.  She was happy to keep walking again so we did a long walk, like we do every Monday and we'll do normal length ones the rest of the week.

Steve says he's got absolutely nothing in his account, so I'm gonna move £100 over for him but I bet he still won't finish the webpages that he promised back in May (or was it March??), won't do the software or update the spreadsheet for me, all of which I've already paid for and was promised 3 weeks instead of getting on for 6 months.
***

Just moved £100 over to the joint account and asked Steve to "definitely work on at least the pages today", he sighed, nodded his head and promised yet again that he definitely would... strange how I don't believe him eh?  That's all the electricity and all of the house insurance paid by me now.
***

So true of most people, unfortunately.  The people I thought I could trust have all let me down both in the past and recently too!  M, S, C and D - looking at all four of  you unfortunately.
***

That's the recycling and waste food caddy been taken so I've taken it through to the kitchen and put them away again, just waiting for our rubbish bag (barely half full this week!) to be collected then I'll take the bag back through to the kitchen too.  We're getting good at the recycling/rubbish now that we're usually cooking at home rather than getting take-aways every day too which is how it should be I reckon!
***

That's the rubbish been and gone too, so I'm gonna go and bring the bag in then take me supplements.
***

Me an' 'im have just dosed ourselves up with our morning pills so that's all three of us sorted until it's time to take my prescription after the shopping has been tonight.

Steve's mum has just been on the phone to remind him about making a vet appointment for the senior puppy but I can't afford it until I get me PIP on Friday after giving Steve the hundred quid first thing!  Hope they can wait to be paid until then 'cos I really can't afford it on top of the shopping coming tonight.  So much for the money going into my savings, eh?
***

***

The shopping has been and gone already!!  Need to take my prescription then hopefully an early night.  Think I deserve it after waking up, needing a wee, at 5am for the last week!  😒
***

The 8 bread rolls we ordered are teeny tiny things!  lol  I've added 2 packs of 4 baps as well as 3 different types of fruits to the order and I'm feeling really proud of us - 6 months ago, we were having one home-cooked meal a week and at least one take-away a day but they are just occasional treats for us now and we usually have a cooked meal every day so that Steve can get his twice weekly rewards.  We are still a long way off getting 5 portions of fruit and veg a day, but I ain't complaining at all - our diets are slowly getting healthier (brown bread instead of white last week for example) and we've got a "fruit bowl" in the living room that we are digging into instead of crisps and chocolate.  When we have a roast, we have a mountain of veggies with it so we're getting there very slowly... we've just gotta keep experimenting until we find something that works for us!

Feeling really proud of Steve for cooking regularly for us too 👍👍.  It's taken a while to get into the habit, and outright bribery twice a week, but we're getting there slowly but surely now.
***

Pills are kicking in, so I'm off to beddy-byes 🛏.

Nite nite orl!  💤
***


No comments:

Post a Comment