Saturday 20 July 2019

Saturday 20th July 2019

That's me supplements swallowed.  Reasonably easily this morning, thankfully.

I was also paid my compensation from BC yesterday, but didn't realise until I checked my bank account, so as long as Mitzi's vet bill is less than 2k I can pay it immediately.  If it costs less than £1500 I can pay for Steve's sight test and glasses too.  Won't be able to get him a car (unless I get the mobility part of PIP of course), but we've done without one for a decade and I'm thinking that I won't be seeing my mum before her funeral now, unfortunately  😭
***

Just done a bit of adjusting on the shopping - taken off Steve's milk 'cos he hasn't even opened this week's one yet and added a couple of packs of noodles on for him to try.  Apparently we haven't even opened this week's toilet rolls yet so that's a fiver saved and I've added a 1kg box of tangerine's instead, for just over half the price of the toilet rolls.  They've got mixed reviews, so we shall see what they are like next week!  Got 25p left to spend of the weekly budget now lol
***

Just paid for the puppy's vet treatment and it was 10% less than I was thinking too - £141 instead of £1,500!!  Thanks to yesterday's refund from BC, it means that we can almost double this week's shopping budget as well as putting a bit more into Steve's car buying account!

Thank you so much Green Man and Gaia!
***

I hope M is prepared to work extra hard on finding room for all our groceries this week 'cos it's £80.45 instead of the usual £50 lol  I've used a voucher which will mean £4 worth of Nectar points too, just for spending over £80!

I could get used to things going right for me for a change lol
***

Mitzi is potentially sleeping over for another week as well... it's been agony without her for the last 4 days, so missing her for even longer than that is breaking my heart!!  Steve's cousin (the vet nurse) wants to see more of an improvement in her skin, which is fair enough, but it feels like I'm missing the whole right side of me!!  😢
***

A couple of photo's of the puppy to keep us going for a few days:



***

We're having a take-away lasagne for tea today, so I'm gonna put my laptop on the floor ready for getting the door when it turns up.

Toodle-pip for now... BBS!
***

Just taken my prescriptions and our tea 🍴 has been delivered, so time to shut down 💻 for the night and tuck in.  Doubt I'll be back on after I've eaten, so I'll say nite nite now.

Sea ewe orl 2morrow morning.
***




No comments:

Post a Comment