Friday 12 July 2019

Book Review: Saudade by Timothy V. Harris


⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

This book is a bit of a cross-over book... too old for children but too young for adults.

It started off well and kept my interest throughout.

So why am I knocking a star off then?

Purely because some of the grammar (especially using a backwards apostrophe that isn't even in the character map instead of ') and having occasional extra/wrong words and because it will have a very limited audience - more of a New Adult or cross-over book.

It's also apparently set in the future on a space station but that's barely mentioned and definitely wasn't what I considered to be set in the future either. TBH it's more of a modern day sci-fi book which is OK if you like that kinda thing, it just wasn't what I was expecting is all.

It's a good way to pass the day, just wasn't what I was expecting was all. Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your review Amanda, I appreciate it and the feedback you've given me, of which plenty of it will surely be used in my future work! I'll be sure to keep you in mind in the future if I need any feedback.

    Timothy V. Harris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep writing, Timothy, just watch out for them bleedin' backwards apostrope's and words from other languages is all :-)

    ReplyDelete