Thursday 5 September 2019

Thursday 5th September 2019

Mornin' all.

Was wide awake before 6am again this morning, tsk.
***

Almost forgot about my backups❕  They are underway now though and I've changed the reminder in my email programme from 6Pm to 5Am now, so hopefully I'll be reminded as soon as I boot up next week lol
***

Having my second and potentially last caffeinated treat of the week now... had a mug of caffeinated tea in celebration after seeing Brad yesterday and Steve's just made a cafetierre of coffee for us both, so no more caffeine until Monday at the earliest now❕
***

The backups have finished now... second time lucky and pretty unstressful this week.  The first time I tried to do it was totally my fault for putting the external hard drive on the sofa instead of on the floor under the table.
***

All me morning pills have been swallowed now so I'm dosed up until early afternoon now, when I take the Calcium then that's it until my 3 prescriptions this evening.  Out of the three doses, it's the morning ones that are hardest to swallow for some reason... maybe because my throat has only had liquid down it until I have the pre-OAB pill pie or chocolate or biscuit or fruit or whatever, but by lunchtime it's relaxed❓❓
***

Already had two portions of my five a day 'cos I had a banana and apple soon after I came down and I'm hoping I'll finally get my pasta and meatballs for lunch today lol
***

We're having the meatballs and pasta at last!  7 days (including yesterdays soup that we always have on a Wednesday because of my virus scan) after Steve first suggested it.  YAAAY!!!

I've also taken off all 6 rings because they are all way too big for my fingers now, even with the ring adjusters on them, so I don't want to risk them dropping off my fingers and losing them like I did with one of 'em about 18 months back.  Means I'm losing weight though, so as soon as my weight settles down into my natural size 10 and my fingers shrink back to their normal size too, I'll get all the rings readjusted professionally.  It'll prolly be at least another year but the end is in sight now! 

I'm literally half the size I was when I came out of hospital back in 2003 (size 28 back then, size 14 atm) and I'm not on a fad diet, just eating sensibly and taking the puppy for a stroll every day that she's with us.  Steve's gone down a size around his waist too, purely 'cos we aren't having at least one take-away every day like we were until the start of this year, we are eating home-cooked food that costs less for a week's groceries than we were paying for 3 days take-aways last year and that's without doing any kind of exercise other than going to the end of the street to get in the car for medical appointments and me walking the pup every morning.  Steve joins us occasionally (he did the entire week with us before I had my ultrasound) but neither of us do anything other than walking and the only time we break a sweat is when the weather outside is hot, so it really is having a much healthier diet that we are losing weight with!

We're taking things very very slowly and creating new, healthier lifestyle habits that will hopefully be with us for the rest of our lives now.  It definitely helped having those bribes for the first couple of months, but Steve said recently that he genuinely doesn't need even that any more.
***

We've had the pazza and meatballs at last❗❗

"There's still a few spoonfuls of pasta left in the saucepan" says Steve, but we are both totally stuffed so it'll go to waste, but even a few months ago he'd have cooked the same amount and it'd barely fill us up, so I think our stomachs (as in the internal organ) have started shrinking which is awesome.  We're on the right path now, we just have to hope that Steve's motivation to cook for us keeps going now that he's doing it regularly.  If he regularly starts relying on take-aways again then I'll start up the bribary (with 2kg of fudge to start with) again 'cos it's worked these last few months so hopefully it'll be the same if we regularly go back to take-aways again.  I'll still reward him every now and then to keep him motivated, but it won't be every Friday and Sunday any more after he finishes the current bribes/rewards (one Turkish Delight tomorrow and if he cooks both days of the weekend then it'll be the final one on Sunday).

So proud of you Steve❗

***

That's the Calcium taken, so that's it now until bed-time.

Currently looking for temporary engagement and wedding rings just to take me through to when I've got down to my natural, healthy size for my body that will hopefully mean that my fingers have shrunk too, then I'll get a slightly more expensive set for myself.

The original engagement and wedding ring got thrown out with my Nana's antique jewellery that my father left to me in his will along with photo's, certificates, my signed school shirt, leavers messages in a book, final yeargroup photo,  unique artwork from children I worked with who are easily into their teens or even early 20's now and other sentimental things like that... basically if I wasn't wearing or using it at the in-laws then it was binned.  Still haven't forgiven the person or company who did that because they were all irreplaceable things to me and now they are lost forever  😠
***

Feeling even better about my GP surgery now.  The patient satisfaction survey for every surgery in the UK has just been published and out of 6,859 surgeries, my surgery was in the mid 3,000's which I know doesn't sound very impressive, but wait until you hear where Steve's came... drum-roll please 🥁...

...it was in the mid 6,000's so it's not only one of the worst in Gloucestershire, but also in the entire country❗❗

My childhood GP is in the top 1000 in the country and scores above everything in each of the seven points which is so totally awesome!

So glad I changed surgeries when I did... I'm a lot happier there than I ever was with Steve's current surgery.
***

The puppy's coming home for an extra half a day and night... she's coming home tomorrow lunchtime and being picked up again at some point on Monday... yaaaaaaay!!!
***

Taken me three prescriptions and I'm hoping for an early night again tonight.  Very little realistic hope of it happening tonight, just like it didn't last night though lol
***

I'm going to bed... I've just come over slightly sleepy so I'm gonna make the most of it while it lasts!

Nite nite orl!
***


No comments:

Post a Comment