Saturday 24 December 2022

Sod it!

I've had enough of being too scared to cook alone so I've added things to the next grocery order that I've done myself a few times and I'm gonna do the whole bag of each thing and keep the left-overs ready for my lunch the next day.  From now on, the oven is pre-heated to 200℃, I get the bag out of the freezer, open it up, entirely empty it onto a tray and bung it into the oven for 20 minutes.  Other than the pasta bake (because that's totally new to me) I'm not gonna look at the cooking instructions at all, I'm gonna channel Steve as my guide while I gradually rebuild my confidence and I'm gonna test the heat before I take anything off the tray so that I can put it back into the oven if necessary.

 

Anything cheesy stays in until the cheese has pretty much entirely melted and the hash browns and potato croquettes will be cooked for 20 minutes.


I'm fed up of being reliant on cooking instructions that are nowhere near accurate so I'm gonna do like Steve did and bung it in at the same heat for the same amount of time, no matter what it is so that I can gradually rebuild the confidence that shattered earlier on in the week.


I just hope I start rebuilding my confidence before too long and that this determination sticks around.


No comments:

Post a Comment