Friday, 25 September 2026

That's the...

...photo's deleted (the vast majority of them anyway, there are a few left here and there, especially while we had Mitzi) and I can tell you now that we shared the cooking pretty evenly until 2019, which must have been when Steve's depression must've started kicking in and by about half way through 2019 I was making meals for Steve and having a couple of slices of bread and dairy-free spread for my lunch if I was lucky. 

By 2020 we must have had a blow-out row about him taking up most of the weekly grocery budget for his meat and we started to have vegetarian mince and nuggets and pieces and things like that, he taught me to cook, we split the cooking pretty evenly and then I started doing more and more of the cooking.  By the end of 2020 I was doing all of the cooking for both of us but Steve was still claiming credit for cooking all of them and that's how it stayed until we lost him at the end of 2022.


It's another thing I can cross off my to-do list now though, so that's a relief.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment