Thursday 29 April 2021

Steve checked the fruit for today's fruit cake and said...

...that he wouldn't feel up to cooking after doing the cake, so I asked him what we were going to have for lunch and he said we would prolly still be at his parents then and that he was going to have bagels and cream cheese for tea which is too late for me to eat without feeling sick when I lay down, so that'll be three consecutive days with under 1,000 calories and it sounds like Steve's planning on spending the entire day with his family, which'll be about 6 hours which is just under what I've seen my mum since the Summer of 2010.

 

He then ranted about my brother not bringing her over here and said "the road works both ways."

 

I honestly think that the next time I see my mum will be at her funeral 'cos she's 76 now and her health isn't the best so the last time I will have seen her will have been 17th August 2010, yet Steve sees his dad and sister every week, his mum every 6 weeks and we've spent every Christmas day with them since 1998.


I love you Mum and I'm sorry for not seeing you for well over a decade!


No comments:

Post a Comment