Friday 23 April 2021

35 hours of care a week my arse!

It's Friday today yeah?  

 

You have to care for someone for 35 hours a week to get carers allowance which Steve reckon's he's entitled to for caring for me since 1999.  

 

I've kept a record of just how much care we have actually provided for each other so far this week and Steve has actually done 4 things for both of us so far this week that have lasted a grand total of 1 hour and 25 minutes so far, (poured a cafetierre of coffee into our mugs twice, bagged up our groceries and cooked one meal).  That means he's gotta spend 11½ hours a day, every day, between now and Sunday caring for me to just about sneak though, which ain't gonna happen so I'll record it next week too, so that I can average it out.


I've also recorded the care I've provided for Steve (even though I'm NOT registered as his carer and never have been) so far this week and that adds up to almost 4½ hours this week and the vast majority of that has been for Steve alone (listening to his rants, motivating him, making him drinks and meals etc) rather than both of us.  

 

In terms of the number of times we care for each other (rather than the amount of time) I've already cared for Steve the same number of times in the 3 hours I've been downstairs than he has in the last 5 days all rolled into one.


But apparently I'm not his carer, yet he's mine 😠

No comments:

Post a Comment