Sunday 8 May 2022

Book Review: "Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid?" By Rachel Sims

Kindle:
Audiobook:
Hardcover:

⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5


I wanna start off this review the same way as I have done all my recent book reviews, by saying that it'll start off with the full 5 stars and that I'm always hopeful that they will all still be in place by the time I finish reading.

I also wanna say that I consider myself to be very love stupid, not just in my marriage but in my friendships too.  I realise this book was written for romantic relationships, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to put it to good use in my friendships too.

Lets get started, shall we?

I first found out about this book via NetGalley, but when I saw that it was available on Kindle Unlimited too, I decided to go with that 'cos I haven't used my subscription for a little while and I'm hoping that Amazon will still pay the author for this download.

The previous 6 reviewers have all given it 5 stars, so I'm hopeful that I'll be able to award it the full 5 too.

It's only 145 pages long, so I might even be able to get it read and reviewed before I head to bed tonight, but if not, it'll give me something to get stuck straight into tomorrow morning with fresh eyes.

Oh dear.  It's been good reading so far but the use of all those big brand names, potentially without permission is already knocking off the first star due to my sense of fair play 'cos that's what I've done with other books, no matter how good they are otherwise.  At only 7% we're already down to 4 stars  :-(

There has been ample usage of big brand names but I've read 15% of the book since my last paragraph in this review, which means that I've been so engrossed in the words that I've totally forgotten to give you my opinion on it!

Another 10% read without even glancing at this review document... where has this book been for the last 25 years?!

The quote by "Anonymous" at 39% of the way through is sooo me!  lol

OK, I'm up to chapter 5 and my bed is calling me so I'm gonna bookmark the page and hopefully remember to keep reading and reviewing tomorrow.  It's been a fantastic book so far though!

Morning all.  I've done it again... I've read 16 pages this morning before I even remembered to write more of this review.  A definite must-read by all those in a romantic relationship of any kind.

This is an incredible book whose author is making me re-evaluate my relationship with my hubby.  We need to go on dates again, rather than bicker about whose turn it is to make breakfast and do the washing up  ;-)

Oooh!  Finances are a tricky one but the author has handled it well so far and I'm glad that they are talking about the sticky points as well as the disagreements in this book.  Still a very well-deserved 4 stars.

Just finished reading the book and wowsers, it has really opened my mind to certain aspects of my marriage... I'm not totally to blame for everything and neither is my husband.  We need to be open and honest with each other and talk more instead of jumping down each others throats each time we disagree about something.

Thank you to the author for writing this book and for opening my mind and heart... it's a must-read for everyone in a relationship, no matter if you've been together for 5 weeks or 50 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment