Friday 27 May 2022

Book Review: "Isaac and the Egg" by Bobby Palmer

Kindle:
Hardback: 

⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

Let's start this review in the same way that I've started reviewing every book for a little while now - by saying that it's gonna start off with the full 5 stars and I'm always hopeful that it'll end with them all still in place when I reach the end of the book.

It's also my very first ebook on my new e-reader that arrived around 3 hours ago, so this book will be a test of that too.

Let's get started on the reading and reviewing:

Straight away I'm thrown straight into the action and I'm gripping my new e-reader, already hoping that the character will change his mind!

At only 3% a star is already coming off, just like the majority of other books I've read for potential trademark issues... it's been a fantastic first 3% but this author has already made my sense of fair-play kick into action - I've knocked a star off other fantastic books for using famous names potentially without permission, so the first star is, unfortunately, coming off this book already too.

I'm now at 8% and there hasn't been any sign of a new chapter (although, come to think of it, it didn't start off with a chapter number or title or anything like that either so maybe there aren't properly defined chapters in this book??) and I've stopped reading at an emboldened part that seems as good a place as any to stop.

I'm enjoying this book so far, but what on earth is the egg and why is Isaac feeling so low that he's suicidal and seemingly unable to function at his place (BTDT myself)?

I'm up to chapter THREE now apparently, but the previous two chapters weren't signalled at all.

I'm discovering more about the egg though and dare I say it, but I'm starting to care about Isaac and especially the egg now.  I think I also understand now, why the biscuit tin is so important to Isaac... no spoilers though  ;-)

Another sign of a good book is me letting a hot drink go almost stone cold lol

Wow.

The third chapter was incredibly intense and another drink has gone tepid, but I can't stop reading now!

The author is really in their stride now and this is an incredible book that is well worth a read... I've even raised a small smile in a few places which is pretty much unheard of!

Wow.

Another powerful chapter and I'm on the verge of welling up with tears now.

Egg and Isaac need each other and I know why now.  No spoilers again, but I'm thinking that the rest of the book is gonna be even more powerful than it has been so far.  I'm 59% of the way through it now and my drink has gone stone cold yet again.  It's a good job I like cold coffee innit?  lol

Just finished reading this absolutely incredible debut and if it hadn't been for the usage of those trademarks it would have been a very solid 5 stars.  A definite must-read.

No comments:

Post a Comment