Sunday, 6 September 2026

I've officially gone...

...for a week without caffeine (technically 8 days 'cos I didn't have any caffeine last Sunday, so my last taste of caffeine was last Saturday morning) and this week has been a struggle, not because of the lack of caffeine, but because I've had an exhausting couple of weeks and the caffeine would have given me a boost to get through each day while still being able to function.


How am I feeling?


Exhausted.  I've got no energy and I could easily sleep right now, but I'm also proud of myself for getting through this week/8 days without even the merest hint of caffeine.  I've had a bad couple of weeks and my body has been struggling throughout, but I know now that I can get through bad times without the (almost) daily hit of (medically approved, watered down) caffeine, so that's a relief.


How will I cope when I have my first hit of caffeine?


I really don't know.  I haven't missed the taste, so I reckon I'll still be mainly caffeine-free and only have it when I need to wake up after a bad night or exhausting previous day or whatever, instead of having it every day just because it's been medically approved for me.  I'm just going to take the re-introduction very slowly and carefully.  I'll have a mug tomorrow morning to wake me up and then listen to my body after that and try and only have caffeine when I really need it rather than out of habit.


I'm relieved and proud that I've got through this week, but I'm thinking that maybe I should have delayed it until I'd properly recovered from the last two weeks lol


No comments:

Post a Comment