Wednesday 10 May 2017

Three times out of four! Yay! :-D

Just got back from seeing C.

Walked to and from the pub without holding on to him!

The first time I held on to him on the way but not on the way back.

Today though, I walked both ways without holding on to C at all!!!  He stood on the road side of the path, so that if I did lose my balance, he would be able to stop me falling into the road and getting run over like me and Steve are most worried about with my unsteadiness, but I'm slowly building up confidence in myself and my quad cane... just need to not use my left arm for a confidence booster and stick my tongue out in concentration now!  😄

It'll take a long time to feel confident enough in myself to walk to the pub and back totally alone, but at the start of the year I was struggling to get to the end of the street alone... not any more though - I even coped with four pavements and four slopey bits alone today... wouldn't have even been willing to try it a month ago!

I can so do this... it took literally 1.5 decades to get so unsteady so I'm not thinking any further ahead other than getting to and from the pub alone right now - gonna take it really slowly and listen to my body, I'm not going to push myself too hard and I'll listen to what my body says it's willing to try each time I try it.

Feeling really proud of myself right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment