Tuesday 6 June 2023

Blimey!

The electrician has been and gone and he instantly knew what the problem was, fixed it in literally 30 seconds then explained to me that it was a safety issue that happened with some of the immersion heaters that have the heater on the top.  He reset the safety bit and the immersion instantly started heating up again.


The easiest £75 (standard call-out fee) for about 5 minutes work in the world but sooo worth it if it means that I can have a hot bath again!


I know now that the heater is set to 60℃ but some of the earlier models were set to 100℃ which melted through pipes and all kindsa other stuff, as well as causing significant burns so the safety bit is at 60℃ now, which is fair enough.


I think that calls for a bath tomorrow while my weekly virus scan is running and a warm shower on Saturday so that I can wash the grease out of my hair again.


No comments:

Post a Comment