Saturday 25 March 2023

I've worked out...

...that my drinking of decaff teas, decaff coffees, drinking chocolates and especially water and pop aren't from thirst, they are as a result of boredom and loneliness.


I'd drunk 2¼ litres by 10am and I was going to make myself yet another one but I made myself stop and think and notice if I really was thirsty or if it was something else.


I've drunk 250ml since then and that was only so that I could take my lunchtime pill.


It often feels like the only reason why certain people contact me is so that I can either support them or do something for them.  In the last 4 months and 4 days, out of my literally thousands of online friends (mostly on Facebook, admittedly), only two of them have taken the time to shut up and listen to me and actually care without demanding that I support them in return, usually within the same sentence as their so-called support.  Well I'm fed up to the back teeth of it and I'm gonna start treating certain people in the same way they've been treating me then when they complain I'll tell them that they should look in the mirror more often.


I'm genuinely thirsty now, so I'm gonna make myself a mug of strong, black, decaff tea for a rare change 'cos it tastes, to me at least, so much smoother and more relaxing than coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment