Sunday 15 May 2022

Today's (15th May 2022) lunch photo

Cor lummy!  Them breaded garlic button mushrooms were garlicky in the extreme!  I think I'm safe from Vampires for the next little while lol


Steve doesn't like mushrooms and I'm vegetarian so when the mushrooms were a replacement for something a couple of weeks ago, we decided that I'd have those when Steve had his chilli con carne.


Everything left in our cupboards and freezer is suitable for both of us and Steve's got meat and pasties in the fridge that he has for his tea (I don't usually eat in the evenings) and Steve's used our new oven for the first time now without it bursting into flames so as soon as he's got used to the personality of our new cooker, he'll be able to re-teach me to cook again.


The oven seems to cook in about the same amount of time, but "it pre-heated a bit quicker, which helped to speed things along a bit".  It'll be interesting to see what it's like with the Pasta Bake 'cos we haven't had that for at least 3 months and it's a really filling meal that we both enjoy (as long as we haven't had a big breakfast lol) which I think is on the cards for next week and I can't wait!


Here's today's lunch photo:



No comments:

Post a Comment