Tuesday 9 June 2020

Book Review: Building Self-Esteem How Learning from Shame Helps Us to Grow by Joseph Burgo, Ph.D.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

I've only read 9 pages and I already like this doctor - so far he's talked about SHAME being different to shame in a way that even *I* can understand which is a relief and I'm putting my SHAME (not embarrassment, apparently) to bed straight away.  WTG Dr!

It's just getting better and better... I'm now wishing that I'd read this book a lot earlier in my life 'cos I've been nodding all the way through so far and I really feel for Olivia, 'cos I've felt the way she was feeling soooo many times!

I'm loving these case study thingamejigs... I've got no idea if they are real clients of the author or not, but they are amazing and I'm still nodding along to them 'cos I can relate to so much of what the author is writing about!

Yep, I've uttered every one of those comments on pages 191-192!  lol

How do you pronounce "secessionist" please?  My husband and I are both struggling with that word lol

Just finished it and I really appreciate the time and writing of the author... a definite recommendation to everyone with even a slight interest in improving their self-esteem and/or a look inside an American Psychologists head!

No comments:

Post a Comment