Wednesday 9 October 2019

Book review: The Blogger Trailmap: How to Take Your Blog to the Next Level in Easy Steps by Chivi Frost

⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

I had high hopes for improving my blogs after reading this and it does have useful information in it for the first time blogger but it's not in steps and, for me, most importantly, doesn't tell you how to do it.  For example, on p15 and p16, it says what you should aim to achieve in the first 30, 60 and 90 days which is a fantastic way to break it down and it says that you should aim for 100 subscribers, but it doesn't tell you how to go out and find them❗  I've had my blog for several years and I get 5 regular readers a day (thank you so much to each and every one of you!) and my most readers for one post has been 11.  I'd love to get 100 readers a day, but other than getting the content sorted, it didn't tell me how to go about finding those extra 95 people to read my daily blog posts.

The content is great for a newbie bloggers but it doesn't tell you how to do the things it suggests.

It's a great, short, quick read that people who want to become a blogger will hopefully find really good, but it needs more detail about how to do the things it suggests.

So glad I read it, but could do with some more instructions and proof-reading for oopsies, which is why I'm knocking off a star.

The information about the content and niche you should aim for with your book is fantastic and the infographics really broke up the text at appropriate places... a definite must-read for those who have got a blog account but haven't got a clue what to do with it.

If the author chooses to do a second version of the book, I'd love to see more suggestions for the way to do the things she suggests in her book - especially getting more subscribers at the start... she could easily double or even triple the length of it 'cos it's only got 60 pages and cover each of her points in more detail.

Thank you for giving me so many ideas for ways to improve my blogs, Chivi!


Edit - the author has asked me to put the books page alongside the review here and on my site so here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment