Saturday 30 March 2019

Saturday 30th March 2019

Virus scan took 21 hours this week and it showed that I'm still virus free.

Taken me supplements and they all went down pretty easily this morning.

Currently backing up my hard drive and I think I've found a newer, less stressful way to do it... documents folder first 'cos that's the biggest one, then select all the folders up to One Drive (making sure I don't include DropBox or my documents in the selection lol) and back those up while the documents folder is still plodding along, then all the other folders after that.  It still takes forever, but it means that there are only 3 backups going instead of my usual 7, so it's easier to keep track of how each one is doing.

Two down, one to go now and other than my blood pressure going through the roof when the USB lead kept coming out, I'm feeling a lot less stressed about it this week and there's only 2 minutes 30 seconds left to go too, instead of the usual 1½ hours that usually stress me out to the max.

Up to 11 minutes now lol  Gotta love the inaccuracy of the Microsoft timings lol.

35 minutes now, so it's obviously hit the Visual Basic part now.

Now, less than 10 seconds later, we're down to 2 minutes lol.

Up to 14 minutes and it's doing my manuscripts now.

21 minutes and 16.6mb to go.

9 minutes and 13.3mb.

6 minutes and 6mb.

4 minutes and 3mb.

And it's finished!  Far less stressful this week, so I think I'm gonna do that each week from now on.  Took less than an hour total instead of the usual 3 hours and significantly raised blood pressure.

Steve's just demanded a divorce in his sleep lol

Time to pack my external hard drive away, shut down and take the puppy out.
***

For the second time in 3 days, a cat has poo'd right outside our living room window, right in the middle of the path, so Steve's taken a photo again and I've just emailed the council about it.

Steve's just said that they prolly won't come out until Tuesday, but they know about it now so Mitzi can't be wrongly accussed again.
***

Chips for lunch today.  Just a bowl of chippies is all, nowt else.  At least next week's groceries are under £45 though... goes to prove that we don't *need* to spend £75 a week if we absolutely don't have to!
***

Almost forgot to brush me teeth today!  They are sorted now though and my mouth feels and tastes minty-fresh.
***

Shoulda known.  I've asked Steve to do 3 things for me today and he promised 2 of them before lunch and the third about 5 minutes ago but now he's refusing to do all three and denying that he promised to do any of them!

😒👎😒👎😒👎
***

That's 2 of the 3 things done and dusted.  Took a grand total of 15 minutes and I'm gonna attempt the third thing now.  So much for being my carer for 30 hours a week eh?  I'm lucky, in reality, to get that in 6 weeks at a big push!
***

The third thing is definitely looking good and exactly what I want but Steve's going on about loops or something and I'm getting worried that it is just getting too complicated considering I only know basic html and I want to be able to update it, upload it and forget it without messing around with code I don't understand!  The current code is about my limit and I'm just getting paranoid that it's getting more complicated than it realistically needs to be.

I'm grateful he's sorting it for me, but I can't help thinking that he's showing off a bit too much and that it's gonna take me forever to get my head around what to put where and why.  I only want the basics right now... I'm hoping that I'll experiment a bit more this year, but now it's just too much, too quickly and too soon.
***

That's me prescription taken 👌.  Did I take my supplements this morning?  Hold on while I scroll up and check...

Yep, took them while my back-ups were being kind to me.

Want an earlyish night tonight... bet I'll still be awake at 10pm though lol
***

Heading off to bed now at 7.20pm... bet I'll still be awake at 10pm though!  lol

Nite nite orl!
***


No comments:

Post a Comment