Wednesday 1 February 2023

Mornin' all

How's you all doing this morning?


I've started the weekly virus scan, taken my morning pills, made my first caffeinated drink of the week and taken the thing I'm addicted to off next week's grocery order for the first time since the start of December and replaced it with first aid supplies and a can opener.  

 

I managed to get through yesterday without a single addictive substance passing my lips and I've still got yesterday's two boxes and a single layer still in the tub from last week too.  I had a couple of teaspoons of soaked Chia seed very first thing yesterday, which woke me up and seemed to stop the constant urges that I battle every day too.  I'm gonna leave off the Chia seeds today then hopefully remember to put another couple of teaspoons of them in to soak overnight so that I can have them again tomorrow.  I'm gonna take it really slow, but I was more awake and with it yesterday and I got through pretty much the entire day without even thinking about my addictive substance.  If my body needs Chia seeds to get through the day, then that's exactly what I'll give it.


My FitBit is fully charged now, so I'll put it back around my ankle ready for my first urgent stumble to the bathroom thanks to the caffeinated coffee I've made myself on an empty stomach - didn't really think that through, did I lol


I wanna see how long I can battle my addiction for before it becomes too much and I have to satisfy it.  Other than yesterday I've been indulging at least once a day, every day, since November, which really isn't healthy and the "but it's Christmas!" excuse really doesn't cut it any more now that we're into February.  I've managed to beat my addiction before and I'm gonna do it again, I'll just be doing it alone this time... doesn't help when a friend tells you that "a bit a few times a day won't hurt you!" and that "technically speaking, it's one of your five a day because it comes from a plant".


Time to sort out my to-do list for today now, I reckon.


No comments:

Post a Comment