Tuesday 22 February 2022

Mornin' all

How are you all doing this morning?


I'm doing OK - I've taken my morning pills, run the daily virus scan, checked my emails and cared for my carer since 6.10am.  I cared for my carer for over 13 hours yesterday and our groceries are due today which, I'm guessing, I'll be dealing with mostly alone 'cos literally all my carer does is move the bags from one side of his body to the other at the front door, then take the pop bottles out of the bag ready for me to put away.


The grocery email has just come through, so I'll be able to give you the final breakdown of them for this week in a sec... hold on while I open the calculator and email!


My stuff:  £5.52
Steve's stuff:  £18.07
Joint stuff:  £22.79


So I'm considerably happier with that than usual - we've just gotta be sure we'll use it all up this week!  Assuming we stick to the menu, there won't be any waste and if we stick to next week's menu too, then we'll be able to do a shop at Iceland so that we can refill our freezer too!  Doing the menu's for the week definitely helps with the motivation to cook and there is far less food hanging around at the end of the week 'cos we haven't felt like cooking, which can only be a good thing!


I'm gonna go and wash up the dishes so that I can make breakfast for both of us now.


BBL.


No comments:

Post a Comment