Sunday 7 January 2024

Just a rapid "blimey!" that I've gotta...

...quickly share somewhere safe (ie here).


I've been without a bathroom sink since August (long story) and got a couple of quotes for a new bathroom to be fitted.


The quote I went with was around £8,500 for the old bathroom to be ripped out and a new bath, shower and sink put in for me, which sounds like a lot of cash, but I felt it was worth it.


Since then I've added fixing/replacing the kitchen hot tap and getting a waste disposal unit fitted in the kitchen at the same time, so I was guessing that it'd be closer to £10k.


I've just seen a text from the company and to get a new, me friendly bath (with a rail to help me to get in and out already in it, so not just your standard budget bath), over bath shower, sink, new floor, tiling, removing a couple of things that don't work, repairing/replacing the kitchen tap and getting the waste disposal unit fitted, the final quote is £5k!!!  Basically I'm saving £3.5k but getting more stuff done than they originally quoted for!!


I could get used to this "more work for less money" thing!!


They also wanna be paid in 3 stages as opposed to one lump sum, which means I won't need to phone my bank to pre-authorise it too, which is even better!


I had a good feeling about this company from the get-go and assuming that they do decent work, I'll be asking for their business cards so that I can heartily recommend them to everyone in the area, just like the roofers!


No comments:

Post a Comment