...aubergine's. I've never even seen them IRL, only in photos online, but a quick AI question has told me that they are one of the easiest vegetables to prepare and cook in an air-fryer, which is a big claim to make when it comes to me! lol
My next OddBox was available to customise ready for delivery overnight on 2nd August so I'm taking the plunge with aubergines next, then I'll try eggs the week after if there aren't any other fruit or veg to experiment with in the main box.
I've also put new/salad potatoes, chestnut mushrooms, easy peelers and 3 twin packs of sweetcorn into the main box too, so assuming I get on OK with the new/salad potatoes next week it'll be a pretty average box of things (other than the aubergine) that I've had before.
My OddBox is really opening my eyes and encouraging me to try things that I've never had before, while still offering the comfort of things that I've had before and know how to prepare, cook and eat them.
One of the things that was in my pre-edited box was a "crownless pineapple" which could have stayed in, I just don't trust myself with sharp enough knives to cut off the skin and decore it yet... hopefully one day, just not yet for safety reasons.
No comments:
Post a Comment