Thursday 29 September 2022

My mood has gone through the...

...floor and my blood pressure/anger through the roof since Steve got home.  I've made him his 6th meal in two days and I've eaten 2 breakfasts and a mug of instant soup in the same time... all of them made by me.  Of the 12 meals that he tells everyone that he's made by now, he's only actually made 2.  It's onion rings on the menu for tomorrow and I'm predicting that I'll be cooking those too and I'll get maybe 4 or 6 of them, if that so I'll be reliant on drinking chocolates to get my calories up for the third day in a row.


I've just had to edit Tuesdays grocery order to add yet more food for Steve and the totals now break down like this:


My stuff:  £0.00
Steve's stuff:  £34.08
Joint stuff:  £10.36


So yet again Steve's got the vast majority of the groceries, I've got bugger all and literally the only things that are on there for both of us are toilet rolls (Steve uses literally ¾ of a roll per poo but the same roll would last me the best part of a month so our fortnightly pack of 18 would last over a year, even if I had diarrhoea), hash browns, bread and waffles - literally everything else is Steve's stuff.


Time to go and take his empty plate through to the kitchen while my belly rumbles with hunger again.  I won't even be able to have breakfast next week 'cos I had to take my soya milk off which means that when I've got through what's in the fridge, that'll be it until the end of NaNo, then I'll have to wait until Steve begrudgingly takes his stuff off so that I can get the bare basics for me again.  The weekly groceries (as well as the electricity) comes out of my money but I rarely get above £3 of stuff and there are usually weeks, like this, where I've got absolutely nothing.


I'm not gonna make it to 10 hours of care today, but that's OK 'cos I'm already over 45 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment