Friday 28 October 2022

Lunch today is...

...4 chocolate biscuits for me and Steve had, as I think I predicted this morning, the entire package of onion rings (37 of 'em - yep I counted - and 1 serving is 3, so he had over 12 servings and I had none).  I'm predicting that I'll be on drinks duty between Steve sleeping this afternoon, but I don't reckon I'll even get to 1,000 calories today and Steve's already well past that without his tea.  Apparently "we're having Subway [for tea] so that M doesn't have to get me any more meat at the weekend" and I'm predicting now, at 1.13pm, that Steve'll decide to order it when it's too late for me to eat, so the only solids in my belly today will be 10 biscuits.


His mum is on the phone to him now and apparently he doesn't need any more meat, so we/he is definitely having the Subway for tea, so he'll have to order it by 3pm for me to be able to have anything solid and it's already gone 1pm and he's only just had his lunch, so I can't see him wanting "a big pig-out of at least two foot-longers and crisps and cookies and drinks and stuff" like he wanted this morning.


So, so far today the food and drinks that each of us consumed look like this:


Me:  2 coffees, 1 drinking chocolate and 10 biscuits.

Steve:  1 big bowl of Bran Flakes, 2 coffees, 1 drinking chocolate, about a litre of cola, 17 biscuits, a packet of crisps, a can of cherryade and 37 onion rings covered in salt and brown sauce.


Let's assume that Steve'll want the Subway before the 3pm cut-off time for me, the order will look something like this:


Me:  Salad, 2 vegan cookies, 2 x 500ml bottles of pop

Steve:  2 x foot-long subs, possibly a wrap, possibly a salad, 9 x hash browns and/or large wedges, 9 x chicken bites, 12 x cookies, 2 x muffins and 2 x 1.5 litre bottles of pop.


No, I'm not joking or overexaggerating (I wish I was), that's a standard order for both of us.  My part of the order will last me until bedtime tomorrow (with the drinks going into the fridge) and Steve's will have pretty much been devoured entirely by the time I come downstairs tomorrow morning - at best there will be 3 cookies left which he'll have either before or after his breakfast and I'll have my 2 cookies for breakfast (or lunch if Steve doesn't fancy cooking again).  

 

People wonder why he's obese and I find it so easy to lose weight - the last 36 hours are a pretty standard example of what our meals are like.  I've made 13 of Steve's 14 meals so far this week and I've eaten two meals so far in the same amount of time.  Nobody believes me though <shrug>


No comments:

Post a Comment