Sunday 30 October 2022

My carer is...

...sleeping off his second meal of the day and I haven't eaten anything solid for 26 hours.


The rubbish and recycling are outside and I've got my third drinking chocolate of the day so those, the black tea I had for breakfast and the multivitamin tea I had for lunch add up to just over 700 calories.  Steve's already eaten about 2,000 calories today (from his breakfast, crisps, biscuits, cookies and drinks) and his tea will be another 3,500 (because of the dairy free spread being 530 calories per slice of bread and he'll have four slices of bread, spread, meat, mustard, crisps and cookies for his tea) and still have room for biscuits before I'm allowed to go to bed.  He has more calories in 2-3 days than I have for an entire week.


I've emailed him to ask him to keep a log of what he does to care for/support me during November and I've asked him to put any questions into an email for me... I'm predicting right now, a 2.53pm, that he'll conveniently come up with an excuse not to do it yet again.  To give credit where it's due, he managed it for 2 weeks back in June and only managed to provide 440 minutes (ie 7 hours and 20 minutes) of care both weeks combined instead of doing that in a day and a half.  It'll be interesting to see what he comes up with for November, if anything at all.  I've already provided him with over 8 hours of care today which is at least 8 times more than what he's managed all week combined.  Apparently he's my carer and "do[es] everything for her" though <shrug>


No comments:

Post a Comment