Tuesday 25 October 2022

Mornin' all

How are you all doing this morning?


I've definitely got my first cold of the year brewing 'cos I keep sneezing and it ain't hayfever... I just hope that it isn't too bad and that I can get over the worst of it in a week 'cos I really don't wanna feel cruddy while I'm trying to write my next bestseller next week and the week after.


I've already taken my morning pills and cared for my carer for over an hour this morning.  He's in the bathroom "then I'll do the washing up, wash myself then I'll have my breakfast" apparently.


Our groceries are due for delivery this morning, so we shall see what the substitutions are like when I get the email.  I'm hoping that my 6 packets of crisps are in stock so that I can have those for my lunch during NaNo while Steve's eating full, proper, meaty meals every day.  I won't be making his breakfast or tea for him until I've finished NaNo so he'll have to either do it all himself or go hungry.  I'm fine either way but I only get about 20 days off a year so he'll just have to hope that he can motivate himself to eat for those days otherwise we'll be stuck with a fridge and 2 freezers full of things I can't have and I'll be going hungry again... it's the same every year and was the same in January, so I'm not expecting it to be any different this time <shrug>


Have I said that I've taken my morning pills?


I've just seen something on Facebook that pretty much blew my mind but it got me wondering about the meanings of empathic and empathetic again.  I know what empathy is, but I've never been able to get my head around the difference between empathic and empathetic or if they are two words for the same thing... can you help me out please?


I've already had a couple of vegan mince pies and a drinking choccie, so if Steve decides not to cook for lunch then I'll have 745 calories inside me already, which is better than nothing.


Best set the virus scan running before I forget again, then I'll go for a wee and be ready to jump straight back in to carer mode when Steve's finished getting washed at the kitchen sink 🤢


No comments:

Post a Comment