Tuesday 27 July 2021

5 hours 38 minutes

My carer has just woken up and gone to make his lunch (I'm having the full bag of salad 'cos his cheese isn't in slices, so he's just having 4 burger patties in 4 buns instead now, so he's grumpy about that) so he's been asleep for 3 hours and 50 minutes since he had his breakfast and I've cared for him for 5 hours and 38 minutes so far today.  I doubt he'll be awake for much of the afternoon so it'll be 12 or 13 hours when I take my last pills of the day and depending on how quickly the side effects kick in, I might just about sneek in the 15 hours after all today.


My carer's estimated daily total?  Not even a single minute of care added to yesterday's care is 18 minutes of care so far this week and nope, that's not a typo, I really do mean minutes, not hours.  He's got 5 days left to care for me for 34 hours and 42 minutes though, so that's just under 7 hours a day, every day for the rest of the week to reach the minimum... reckon he'll manage it?  Nope, me neither.  

 

I've got my MRI on Saturday morning, so I might manage to squeeze a couple of hours of care out of him that morning, so it's only 32 hours of care for the rest of the week.  For the sake of my OCD, let's credit him with the extra 2 hours of care just in case there's a delay at the hospital or it takes longer than 90 minutes to do it.  That's 30 hours in 5 days which works out at 6 hours a day which he's never done, other than when I was rushed to hospital back in 2002 because I was unconscious.


He's just come in with his lunch... he's sliced up some of the block of cheese to use on his burgers and doesn't seem as grumpy as he was when he went out to do his lunch, which is good news I reckon.


I might go and slice up some of the cheese to go with the salad so that I can send my calorie count up a bit more.


No comments:

Post a Comment