Wednesday 28 July 2021

37 minutes away from...

...having cared for my carer for 5 hours so far today.  He's gone to his medical appointment now, so I can relax for an hour or so before it all starts again.


Steve said last night and again first thing that we'd have a bowlful of scrambled eggs each for lunch, but I'll believe it when I see it.


I made Steve his breakfast and I've brushed my teeth and drunk 1.5 litres today, while the deep, monthly virus scan was underway then while the back-ups were happening.  I started my day of caring at 4.30am and I reckon it'll be another late night before I go to bed again 'cos Steve'll want to talk about his appointment and then assume I'll care for him all afternoon.  Assuming Steve makes the scrambled eggs for lunch, it'll be about half an hour of care from him today, yet apparently he's my carer and does everything for me, including cooking all of our meals.

 

There's been a light drizzle of rain this morning, and it's due to be wet all afternoon, so I'll hold off on watering Steve's tomato plants until this evening so that I don't over-water and kill them. 


I've taken my morning pills so at least I can semi-function today on only 6 hours of sleep.


I'm gonna go and put the laundry on before I forget and Steve asks me to do it, even though it's entirely his clothes and has been for at least four weeks which is when I last had the opportunity to get washed and changed, yet Steve manages to do it every day.  I'm gonna go and put the emersion on so that I get a tiny amount of hot water for my shower on Friday, in preparation for my MRI on Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment