Monday 11 July 2022

I got...

...special treatment from the recycling collectors this morning!


I try and make sure that I'm in the open front doorway when I hear the rubbish and recycling vehicle reversing down our tiny road so that I can thank them and bring our containers straight back into the house each week.  It can't be a pleasant job so I just say "good morning" to them when they come to pick up our containers and then "thank you (so much)" when they bring them back.  I'm the only one in the street that does it but both collecters took our recycling over to be disposed of this morning and brought them back, then put it all together so that I had an easier job of bringing it all back in!


It doesn't cost anything to be polite when you've got such a gross job and I even got a couple of smiles out of them this morning too!


It's why I do it each week... they get a polite resident thanking them which hopefully brightens their day a bit more!


No comments:

Post a Comment