Friday 22 July 2022

Book Review: "This Is Your Own Time You’re Wasting" by Lee Parkinson and Adam Parkinson

Kindle:
Audio:
Hardcover:
⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5


If you've read any of my other recent book reviews, you'll already know that I start them all in the same way:  each book starts off with the full 5 stars and I'm always hopeful that they are all still firmly in place by the time I close the cover.

Let's get going, shall we?

I'm loving the first part of the book - except for the font bit... it's all the same font for me!

Noooo!  They've done it again!  My sense of fair play to other books I've read and reviewed is saying that the star needs to come off 'cos of all the uses of brand names but my enjoyment level is already through the roof, just like with their first book, but fair play is an unfortunate necessity so the star is coming off for using big brand names potentially without permission... I'm seriously hoping that it'll be the only star to come off though!

That chapter was perfect - memories of my childhood primary school (as well as the ones I've worked in) have been put together that I couldn't help grinning and nodding a few times lol

Another fantastic chapter and my mood is already considerably lighter!  I wish I'd started reading it this morning!

This book is already a must-read for everyone who has a soft-spot for primary school aged children and the teachers who are with them - I'm still chuckling and nodding lol

Oh dear, I've got a very childish sense of humour with the end of that chapter lol

I've stopped reading for the night now, but I can't wait to keep reading tomorrow!

Back now and that chapter was just what I needed to lift my spirits... I've had a couple of those experiences in my own time working with children, so can totally relate lol

Oh dear - that part has made me glad I've been vegetarian for the last 30-odd years!  lol  You *have* to get and read this book!

Blimey Charlie... this definitely ain't a book for those who are easily embarrassed by the anatomy of a horse lol  I'm loving this book though!

Oh dear!  I'm glad I've never been given anything as embarrassing as that!  lol

Oh yeah, I've had the first two of those scenarios in my time working with children lol  Disgusting and stomach churning, but that's what makes them, them!

That chapter was particularly gross, but I learnt the hard way about plastic chairs in my youth too... I'm sure a lot of adults cringe about their own childhood woopsies lol

I'm relieved I haven't had any injuries like those during my time working... the professionalism was incredible by so many of those teachers and they managed to swallow their pain so that they didn't scare the children they were working with!

I've stopped reading for the night again 'cos my Kindle is desperately short of juice, but I'll start reading and continuing this review in the morning.

Mornin' again all.  Time to crack on with reading and continuing to review this incredible book!

I'm not gonna comment on most chapters today 'cos this review is already getting too long so it has the potential to almost double in length 'cos of where I am in the book, so I'll just comment on particularly noteworthy today  ;-)

Oooh they were a good few chapters and I'm glad I'm not qualified to work with some of the older students lol

According to that list, my hubby and I should be in great demand with our next jobs lol

Just finished reading and my back is killing me (my own fault for slouching all morning lol) and it's another incredible book... if it hadn't been for my sense of fair-play kicking in early on, this would definitely have been a 5 star book.  A definite must-read for anyone who loves children and doesn't always appreciate the dedication of their teachers.  This is a definite must-read book!

No comments:

Post a Comment