Monday 3 October 2022

Washing up done, hob scrubbed...

...on track for putting in a 12 or even 13 hour day to start the week off (I've already more than doubled the minimum today) and Steve's just looked at tomorrow's grocery order, seen that there is absolutely nothing on there for me and given it his approval and he's thinking about all the meat he wants to get for the first two weeks in November - basically I'm gonna have bugger all just for me for the next 6 weeks, then it'll just be the bare essentials (like soya milk, soya spread and bread) between the middle of November and the end of December, then it'll be back to purely Steve's stuff for the first two weeks of January and I'll be left to go hungry while he motivates himself to cook meals using all the meat he's bought just for him until the start of February at the very earliest.  It's the same every year <shrug>

 

His mum is giving him a couple of frozen stews on Thursday "so that's a couple of meals sorted for me while you're writing" and I bet he'll still find £50 worth of stuff to waste for the first two weeks of November too.  Basically, he'll have £100 of meat in the kitchen but I'm predicting at least £75 of it will go to waste because "there's no point cooking just for one person" and he'll enjoy laying the guilt trip on through to February too, while I'm barely eating anything at all because the fridge, both freezers and cupboards will be totally meaty so there won't be space for even one meal for me.  It's another reason I'm trying to put on as much weight as possible between now and the end of October - because there won't even be room on the budget for a box of instant soups for me, let alone anything else! 


No comments:

Post a Comment