Saturday 28 August 2021

It was good while it lasted for that one week

I've just had to take my pop off Monday's order, yet again, so that I could afford the toilet rolls that Steve's used two of in 6 hours, so he'll finish off the open pack tonight/tomorrow which just leaves this week's rolls.

 

Monday's grocery totals now look like this:

 

My stuff:  £1.25
Steve's stuff:  £17.70
Joint stuff:  £22.17

Just as a rare change, it's the joint stuff that's most expensive this time, but Steve's is still over ten times more expensive than mine and the only reason I've got anything on there at all is because it's a box of four veggie burgers so that I can actually have burgers for the first time in several weeks and they will last me for two weeks.


I've just told Steve that I've had to adjust the shopping so that I could put more toilet rolls on and his reaction was to say that we still had another pack from this week, which is right, but if Steve's gonna use two rolls a day then we we'll run out by the middle of the week.


I calculated it the other day that a single roll would last me the best part of three weeks if it was just me using it, but Steve gets through that every single day or, if it's like today, two a day.  In theory I only need a pack of two a month so why does Steve use it up so much quicker than that?


No comments:

Post a Comment