Monday 23 August 2021

I worked out, while I was sat on the toilet, that...

...there are 3 bowls of granola left, so we'll both have a bowl each tomorrow then Steve'll have breakfast again on Wednesday and I'll be forced to go without again.  1 packet of granola is 4 breakfasts, so by the time we've finished this packet, I'll have had 3 bowls and Steve will had 5.

 

It's a good job I'm not having breakfast today 'cos I'm 1.2kg over the weight the nurse wants me to be, so missing a couple of breakfasts this week will hopefully put me back on target for next week.

 

I've already cared for my carer for very nearly 3 hours this morning and I think the council are seriuosly short-staffed today 'cos there was just one man doing the driving as well as collecting when there are usually three of them - one doing the blue bag, one doing food waste and the other doing the recycling box - but there was just the driver doing all three this morning so he deserves a bonus or at least a huge thank you from his boss!

 

I'm currently drinking my second glass of water this morning and there's been no news on any of the three sites I put it onto, so the morning is mine now, in preparation for bringing in the rubbish sack then the groceries this afternoon.  I hope we'll have something decent for lunch 'cos my stomach thinks my throat's been cut atm.

 

I've watered the tomatoes and I reckon two of 'em will be ready to be picked tomorrow and the huge one is starting to turn from green to orange now too, so I reckon that'll be ready before the weekend too.   Touch wood, my hayfever hasn't been too bad so far this morning.


Just had the email to say our groceries are on their way, so hold on while I have a peek at it... 

 

...OK, so 2 of the packs of 4 orange juices are out of stock so that's been replaced with two bigger ones, so I won't be having any juice this week so that Steve can have the one pack of four that's in stock, the two left over from last week and the replacements 'cos they are 1 litre bottles instead of 250ml ones.  Basically I'll be living on water until lunchtime (assuming my carer can be bothered to cook this week), one bowl of granola and 3 days worth of toast this week then, 'cos there's no way my carer will go without anything, same as always.  Steve's white chocolate milk has been replaced with chocolate milk, so he'll be having that as well as his Turkish Delights, Jaffa Cakes, carrot cake slices and crisps this week and I'll be having cream soda which I suppose I should be grateful for.


No comments:

Post a Comment