Monday 30 August 2021

Just given the tomatoes their last drink of the day and...

...they are definitely ripening up nicely - even since this morning.  They are a slightly deeper orange now but there is still a looong way to go before they are pickable.  I reckon Friday at the very earliest.

 

There's some kind of plant/weed that's been growing over the back wall and it's getting its claws into the tomatoes now, so I reckon I'll be snapping off those bits tomorrow so that they don't strangle the tomato plants and kill them... can't have that happening after I've cared for them for so long!

 

Aksherly, I think I'll go and do that now before I forget... BBIAB!

➰➰➰

 

Back now... I got rid of the bits I could see at the front and side of the tomatoes, but there were still some weedy leaves/branches/stems/whatever they are, so I gently pulled on those and discovered that it has been growing around the back of the blimmin' tomatoes too... not good and not happy.  The tomatoes are free of the weed's clutches now though, for the time being at least, so they won't die for that reason.  I just hope that the person who lives with their back garden up against our wall is OK and that they just haven't realised how overgrown their garden has obviously become!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment