Thursday 17 November 2022

Mornin' all

As I think I predicted yesterday, Steve is gonna cancel his medical appointment yet again today and ask for a stronger prescription for one of his meds.  He also doesn't want me to pay off some of the mortgage "in case they charge more for paying it off in a lump sum, so wait until I talk to them tomorrow" and he'll definitely call up about the savings account today too, just like he's promised for the last 3 days.  Basically, whatever I try and do to help is rejected then I get blamed when we fall behind with things like the mortgage and electricity and it's always my stuff that comes off the groceries to make room for more of Steve's stuff too.


It's instant soup on the menu for today, so I'll be making all of Steve's three meals today and going without for the third day this week.  By the time I go to bed tonight, I'll have made more meals for Steve in one single day (ie 3) than he has for me throughout November so far (ie 2).


I've taken my morning pills, so my body has got what it needs to see me through until tomorrow now.


Yep, today will be totally calorie free 'cos I've just been out to make us the first hot drink of the day and Steve's hidden the washing up brush so I couldn't wash my mug up, so my entire day will be tap water alone while Steve has multiple hot drinks, entire packets of biscuits entirely alone, entire sharing bags of crisps to himself and 3 meals.  I'm just grateful that I've eaten three times already this week (twice on Monday and once yesterday) is all.


The daily virus scan is under way and I haven't got any deliveries today, so I'll hopefully be able to ignore my hunger and thirst by reading and reviewing a book today.


No comments:

Post a Comment