Thursday 17 November 2022

2 hours and 21 minutes

That's how long I've cared for my carer for so far this morning.  It's also an hour and a half more than he's cared for me all week combined so far.


I've got 2 hours and 39 minutes to go to hit the daily minimum and my carer is already more than 15 hours behind for the week so far.  I'm already working the best part of 5 hours of overtime and I doubt I'll even get 2 hours of care from my carer this week.  He gets a benefit payment for caring for me for over 35 hours a week, but since I've been recording it, he hasn't even managed 10% of that once.  He tells everyone that he makes all my meals and drinks for me, yet he's only made two meals in the last two weeks and hasn't made me a hot drink for over 4 years.  To give credit where it's due, he does cook once a week and make me 2-3 bottles of squash a week, but even by his own recording, he doesn't even reach 2 hours of support a week.


It should be me getting credit for being the carer, 'cos I support him for well over double the minimum every week - there's no way he'll agree to that though!


No comments:

Post a Comment