Thursday 9 September 2021

Book Review: "Flora's Travelling Christmas Shop" by Rebecca Raisin


⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

Like with all my recent book reviews, this one is starting with the full five stars and the hope that they are all still firmly in place at the end of the book too.

Chapter 1 hasn't disappointed me at all, so I remain hopeful that the rest of the book will continue with the same quality.  We shall see though.

Chapter 2 has been awesome too.  Time for my evening pills then another couple of chapters before I head to bed... will I be dreaming of Christmas already?

After three chapters, the first star is starting to wobble slightly after mentioning two famous brands, so I hope the author has got written permission to use them or she could get into some serious hot water.

That's four big brands mentioned in three pages, so I'm gonna have to very reluctantly take the first star off, just like I have with the other books I've read and reviewed.  If the end of the book says that the author has permission to use them then I will gladly take the review back to the full five stars, but right now, it's down to four stars unfortunately.

Just finished reading the third chapter and I'm not tired yet, so gonna read chapter 4 and see how I feel then.  This is a great book so far and a definite must read for anyone who wants to ease into the Christmas spirit.


Mornin'!  I'm up to chapter 7 now and other than the use of the big brand names, it continues to be a wonderful book, so instead of giving you a run-down on each chapter, I'll leave it until something worth commenting on happens... it's still well worth buying and reading so far though!

Where on earth has the day disappeared to?!  I'm a smidgen over half way now and I'm still loving this book.  The chapters seem to be longer, but that might just be me getting tired again.  If you can overlook the semi-frequent use of those big brand names then it's definitely a 5-star must-read book IMO... it's just gonna take considerably longer than I thought last night to get it finished and this review put online lol


I'm somehow up to 86% now and sooo much has happened in that 35% - I can forsee a late night coming on lol  This book is sooo worth it though!

Oh.  My.  Gosh.

What a perfect ending to a pretty-much perfect book.  

Literally the only reason that I'm not awarding it the full five stars is 'cos of the use of those big brand names.  If the author had said that she'd got written permission from them all at the end of the book then it would have been a very solid five stars, but it wouldn't be fair on other books I've read and reviewed in the recent past where I've knocked off a star for the exact same reason, so I feel like I need to do it with this one too.

Awesome work by the author and thank you to the publisher for approving me to read and review the advance copy of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment