Tuesday 22 June 2021

Things are back to normal now and...

...I've worked out that I need to not think about using my new quad cane on slopes and I'll be fine.  Still only use the back two leg/feet things but just put my cane on the slope and take the step as soon as it stops moving downwards.  No looking, no assuming, no adjusting, no worrying - just plonk the quad cane down and instantly take the step onto the slope then bring my other leg through and step onto the ground et voila.

 

Just gotta remember that for my practise sessions tomorrow and while I'm at the hospital on Thursday now lol

 

I'm gonna try and remember to give my FitBit a touch of extra juice tomorrow so that I don't get anxious about it on Thursday, as well as everything else.  Might do that while the deeper virus scan is chugging away, restricting what I can do while it's happening.  It'll be interesting to see how long the virus scan and back-ups take tomorrow!  

 

Do I risk studying or not tomorrow?  I want to try again, get back into the mindset of it, but will I be able to concentrate on what I'm being taught and pass the end of course assessment or will my anxiety be so high that I have to spend all day on just the first module?  Maybe I should read summat on my Kindle?  See if I've still got a book on there that I haven't read?  Or should I zone out and write a manuscript instead?  Or get on with the editing?  So many options lol  I'll see how I feel when I wake up and finished my first set of laps... gotta remember not to open my email programmes until the virus scan and back-ups are finished - that, as much as anything else, will decide if I'm having a good day or bad day.


Just checked, and there's currently one manuscript that hasn't been through the first round of edits yet, so maybe I should do that?  Totally zone out and get into the head of a totally fictional character?

 

I've taken my last two pills of the day, so I'm gonna start closing my programmes down and head to bed for an almost early night.

 

Be back again tomorrow, hopefully with news and more confidence in my legs and mobility aid lol


No comments:

Post a Comment