...been, gone and put away and Steve helped this week after I'd taken it all through to the kitchen and gone for a wee, which was a big relief.
We're definitely having sweet and sour vegetarian 'chicken' for lunch 'cos Steve said to take the sauce out in preparation while I was putting the jars away, so that's hopefully two meals I've had today (three including yesterday's) and I've got a bunch of still slightly green bananas and chocolate soya milk that I can use to make a totally new-to-me smoothie with - just gotta make sure I line my stomach with food before I try it though, 'cos it made me feel really sick for a few hours after having it for breakfast on an empty stomach a few weeks back! I'm guessing it was the high amount of protein that made me ill 'cos I can have ordinary soya milk without a problem in my breakfast, but we shall see.
The total of the groceries was slightly over budget 'cos Steve's lactose free milk was substituted and a bit more expensive, but that's OK as long as it doesn't happen every week! It's been below budget for the last couple of weeks too, which is even more reason for me to let it slide this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment