Friday 22 October 2021

Blender Review: Breville Blend Active Personal Blender & Smoothie Maker


⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5

I bought this with one of my birthday vouchers and I've loved it since my very first smoothie using it!

It's quick and simple (but very noisy) to use and an incredible way to increase your way to getting more of your 5 daily portions of fruit and veg.

I've used it with raspberries and blueberries along with soya milk ('cos I'm allergic to animal dairy) and it's a quick (done from start to finish in under 15 seconds), easy and delicious way to get the goodies into you without any hassle.

Next up for me to try is blackberries (when they're in season, obviously) and bananas (which will take a few more seconds to blend 'cos they aren't as juicey as blueberries and rasperries but in the 2 weeks I've had this brilliant machine, I've had more fruit and protein (from the soya milk) in my body than the rest of the year combined.

If you wanna get more fruit into your diet but don't fancy the preparation of the fruit, then invest in this machine and a couple of punnets of raspberries (I recommend 20 per 600ml to start with, then adjust it according to your preferences) and a couple of tubs of blueberries (45-50 berries  to start off with if you're having just a blueberry smoothie or 30-35 if you're combining them with the raspberries), and invest in a couple of litres of milk.  Keep the smoothie machine in the same area you spend most of your time and the bottles in the kitchen so that you can just grab the bottle, fruit, blades and cap at the same time.  I've got my machine in it box within reaching distance of the sofa so that I can just bring the fruit, milk, top and blades in at the same time, then just splash the milk into the bottle until it hits the appropriate mark (either 300ml or 600ml), open the punnets of your chosen fruit, count in the amount of berries you like, screw on the blades, turn the bottle upside down, attach it to the machine, put your ear defender things on, press the button for up to 10 seconds, detach the bottle from the machine, turn it the right way up, unscrew the blades, replace with the cap and drink.  That really is all there is to it.  

Washing it up couldn't be easier either - drain the goodness out of the bottle, fill it with 300ml of water, screw on the blades, shake vigourously for 10-20 seconds (depending on how dirty the bottle is), unscrew the blades, empty out the water, refil with clean water and repeat the shaking with the lid in place et voila!  Done and dusted in under a minute!

I definitely reccommend this to absolutely everyone as a quick and easy (but very loud) way to easily get more good stuff into your body - I don't know what I did without it in my life now!

No comments:

Post a Comment