Friday 22 October 2021

As predicted...

...my carer didn't make lunch today after all, so my entire diet today has been 3 mince pies and a bar of chocolate.  Good job that the mince pies are over 500 calories each, but it's pretty frustrating that my carer promises something will happen the next day then suddenly doesn't feel like it when it comes to actually doing it.  Same with his sight test, he promised all day yesterday and again when I made his breakfast that he would definitely sort it out today but surprise surprise he didn't do that either.


It's Friday today yeah?  So he's had 10 opportunities to cook food (porridge for breakfast and a cooked lunch) but has only actually only cooked once (on Tuesday, when he cooked my Butternut Squash for me) so far this week, which is 9 less meals than he tells everyone he cooks and I can't see him cooking at the weekend either and unless I go and wash up now, I won't be having breakfast tomorrow either, yet he'll assume that every time I leave the living room it's to make his breakfast for him.


Next week is the last week he has the opportunity to cook before NaNo21 starts and I'll be living off instant soup for at least 10 day so won't be having any breakfast or making him anything which I can almost guarantee that he'll kick up a fuss about but it's been the same for a decade but his guilt trip will work every morning at the expense of my writing.  Again.


I've had as much as I can take of being the unpaid, unrecognised carer, but I don't have a choice about it, do I?


My carer has cared for me for 99 minutes so far this week, as opposed to the minimum of 25 hours it should be by now.  He has to care for me for over 15 hours a day, on each of the days of the weekend, but I can guarantee that I'll actually get less than half an hour a day, if anything at all, just like today, yet I've been putting in 10-12 hour days every day without even being thought about as a carer, let alone recognised as one and I've never been paid a penny, yet my carer gets support, recognition for caring for me for under 5 hours a week, maximum, and he's only done that literally once or twice in the last 18 weeks that I've been recording it.

 

I've just had the reminder come up for my last two pills of the day, so I'm gonna take those then have an early night I reckon... might actually get a few hours of deep sleep tonight, now that my cold has finally disappeared other than the occasional cough or sniff.

➰➰➰

OK, that's the pills down the hatch, so I'm gonna publish this then head to bed for an early night now.


Nite nite orl.


No comments:

Post a Comment