Wednesday 5 May 2021

To give him credit...

...it's only taken 5 months and 5 days before Steve needed me to bail him out financially.  

 

Again.


Last year it was 30 days before he needed the money, so he's done considerably better already this year.


He's just paid the electricity and moved the direct debit to the 15th of each month instead of the last day of the month when all his other bills come out, so I've just gotta remember that and make sure the money is in the joint account in time, starting in June.


It means that now that he's been bailed out once this year, it'll happen throughout the rest of the year, and I'll be bailing him out again and again and again, despite him promising at the end of 2020 that it wouldn't happen.


I've offered to take off what he paid for my credit cards so that he can't bring that up again, but he's conveniently forgotten how much he paid on that too.  Why am I not surprised?


I'm gonna wipe £1,500 off what he owes me to cover it, which is a third of what the credit limit was on each of my cards and there's no way he paid a third of them all off 'cos I was struggling to meet the minimum payments and clearing them was out of the question for the entire time I held them, so the total payment of all of them didn't happen until last year when I got my PPI money back and totally cleared the balance.

 

 

That's the credit card debt officially cleared and he now owes me £2,025 instead of over £3600, so each time he brings it up I'll be able to tell him exactly when I cleared my debt and ask him when he's going to clear his ever-increasing debt to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment