Sunday 16 May 2021

I shouldn't have doubted myself this morning

I'm about to head to bed, but wanted to do the weekly maths just to see how long I really do spend caring for my carer.

 

This week has been a particularly bad week, with all the reaction to my second Covid jab then the allergic reaction at lunchtime, so my carer has cared for both of us jointly for 2 hours and 12 minutes, while I have cared for him for 60 hours and 18 minutes. 


My carer claims credit for looking after me all day every day and he tells whoever will listen that he frequently cares for me for at least 10-12 hours a day, every day, when this week has proved that literally all he does is cook 3 meals and take the shopping from one side of his body to the other.  I do literally everything else.  To get Carers Allowance, you have to care for the person for 35 hours a week... I've almost doubled that this week, dispite feeling ropey, so imagine what I do on a rare good day!


Next week starts week 5 of me recording our daily support of each other, so I'll have a more accurate log of what an average month is like, 'cos I kept forgetting during the first week, but I'm into the routine of it now, so I'll keep recording it each time one of us cares for or supports the other and we'll hopefully have a more accurate record then.

 

Our internet connection has died 'cos Steve's video or podcast has stopped, but as soon as that's restored I'll publish this then head to bed.

 

Nite nite orl.  Sea ewe in the morning.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment